Saturday, December 10, 2011

Telling my parents

Written at 8w2d

We told my parents tonight. They had already planned a trip to town, and we decided to wait until we got a chance to tell them in person. I had dinner with them last night, but I wanted to make sure A was with me when they found out.

I didn't really want to do anything big, I just wanted to make sure we were physically together when I told them. We had a nice dinner together and luckily I'm sick, so it has been easy to pass off not drinking. After dinner, I gave my dad a bag with the World Series shirt we got him. A copy of the ultra sound was in the bag. There were tears, squeals, etc. I have to admit that I was creeped out when my dad kept telling A, "well done." Ew.

Now we get to spend a fun weekend together.

1 comment: