Friday, December 16, 2011

Don't Judge

Written 12w3d

I had my second appointment yesterday and it was great. After being stressed all day the nurse warned me that they might not be able to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler. I knew this was possible, so, eyes bulging, I asked her what would happen then. She reassured me that we would immediately go to the ultrasound room to check it out. Phew.

Anyway, my blood pressure was high for me since I'd been stressed all day, but they seemed ok with everything else. She started moving the Doppler around, and there it was! My little woosh woosh. HR 160!!! Yay!

Now I'm free to let the cat out of the bag.

The point of this story is that after stressing all day I had a raging headache that would not quit. Of course I can't take any good drugs for it, so I did a little Tylenol and tried to sleep it off. I woke up this morning nauseous and still with the headache. It felt just like a hangover. So I decided to do a last ditch effort with a true hangover cure. I stopped at McDonald's and got a sausage biscuit and a small Coke. It did the trick. That's only the second caffinated beverage I've had this pregnancy but otherwise I was going to have to take a sick day. Good to know some things still work.

No comments:

Post a Comment