Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Quote

Written at 10w5d

My friend Alyssa is pregnant! She announced this week at 14w. She was one of my best supporters as we tried and tried. Alyssa finally got pregnant on her second round of IVF, and I just could not be happier for her. She and her husband will make great parents, and I'm excited that our kids can, hopefully, spend some time together. Her due date is almost exactly one month before mine.

Anyway, like me, she waited to tell and wrote blog posts to update the time between finding out and telling. Last night's post was about symptoms and lack thereof. So far, I have had a VERY easy pregnancy. So easy in fact, that every day I think it might not be real. I've had almost NO nausea, my bloating has definitely gotten under control, and, more than anything, I'm just tired. Not so bad. Well, I worry that these easy peasy symptoms must mean something is wrong. I feel like December 1 won't ever get here, and I just need to hear that heartbeat again to reassure me that everything is ok.

But on to the quote. Alyssa said, "I really want to be at a place where I feel okay to be "p," confident to say it and not constantly worry. Every free moment I have, I say a prayer for the babies that they're okay and strong and growing. I'm not sure I'll feel that way until I see and hear heartbeats which hopefully will be very soon!" [I'm not linking her blog since it's so personal, but if I get permission I'll add the links.]

Obviously I only have one heartbeat to listen for but I really feel the need to know that everything is ok in there. My doctor was very clear that since we saw and heard the baby at 8w, everything is PROBABLY fine. In fact, the odds are STRONGLY in our favor. Nevertheless, it was hard to get here. I can't imagine how shattered I will be if we lose this baby.

Chin up! Thanksgiving is this week and I only have two days of work! Hopefully I can get some sewing in over the break because I've been too tired to do any since getting knocked up. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment