Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Update

After my awful attempt at an HSG, the doctor called today. He said he'd been playing phone tag with the RE he works with most often. The RE said that the next option was to try the HSG again while I was under general anesthesia. Now, the reality is that, if the HSG comes back normal, I would then need to move from my OB to an RE. The RE said that HIS first step would be to check for endometriosis. While I haven't really had any signs of that to date, it would still be something to check. In order to check of it, I would need a laparoscopic surgery under general anesthesia.

Notice the two outpatient surgeries here?

Soooo the current suggestion is that my OB will tell the insurance company that he suspects endometriosis and order the laparoscopic surgery. While I'm under for that, they will do the HSG. Because MO insurance doesn't cover any infertility, he could bill everything as diagnostic before sending me to an RE where I would have to start paying out of pocket.

Now DH and I have to talk about everything and figure out timing. My OB suggested summer, but with my job as director of the summer academy, it might actually be easier to take time off during the school year when I can get coverage for my work. I'm not coaching this season, and most of the summer stuff is ready to go. I should also only have to miss 1-2 days of work assuming I can schedule it close to a weekend.

So there's my story. I'll keep you all updated as more news comes. Thanks for all your good thoughts and vibes.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good plan of action. Most docs are pretty good about helping "code" so insurance will cover until it can't any more. Happy thoughts and prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good look with everything! Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete