Saturday, March 17, 2012

An Interesting First Day of Vacation

It's my first day of break. Yay!!!!!! Seeing as it's Saturday, I went down to the shelter to volunteer like I usually do. Today though, there was a cute cat at the shelter. They found it in a tree outside. The issue came with the fact that today is also St. Patrick's Day. Let me tell you, getting out of there was an adventure. I snuck out between the start of the race and the beginning of the parade. It was still almost impossible to get to the highway.

Then I got to Babies R Us. They were running a special on diapers, had an extra 50% off on clearance clothes, and I wanted to pick up a shower gift for a friend. Before I went in the store, I looked over and what did I see? A lady, she looked about 6 months pregnant, smoking a cigarette! Who does that?!?!?!

Finally I went to Costco to pick up a few things and then came home to take a quality nap. The dogs and I got a good sleep in while listening to NPR until a MASSIVE thunderstorm rolled in. Seriously, it was crazy! I was just glad my pups were home with me instead of on the street. I feel so bad for all those homeless animals out there.

And that, my friends, is how I started my break. The plan for this week is to get the nursery all cleaned out. My mom is coming in town to help and I'm so excited to get time to spend with her! Plus it will be great to feel like I'm making good progress for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment