Monday, May 7, 2012

Shower #2

Better late than never, right? I had my second shower at Salt a couple weeks ago. It was amazing! The food was outstanding, and I loved getting a chance to hang with more of my friends. I always feel a little funny having gift giving parties, but I do like getting to see so many great friends all at one time. So, here are some pictures of the event.
That's me with Carol and Ashely.
My mom and second mom, Jane.
Look at the cutest gift bag ever! Thanks Joline.
My dad has been disappointed that there aren't many grandpa clothes for babies. He had this really funny onsie made that I just love though.
After the event with my mom. Notice my red eyes? Well, there was certainly some crying when I got the present from my parents.
They gave me a mom necklace. I'm sure you've seen the ones on Etsy with the nest or the peas in a pod. I thought I wanted one of those. But this is so much more. The charm is a tree of life. Those rings? They are my parents' baby rings. It's a tradition that is no longer fashionable, but how amazing that they've given me such a wonderful heirloom.
Assuming this little girl arrives on time, she'll be a June baby. That means her birthstone is pearl. Here is what the finished piece will look like with her birthstone on it. Wow. Yup, I cried. It is the most meaningful gift anyone could have given me and I will always cherish it. I am sure it will also be around my neck 95% of the time.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the necklace!!! And I love the onesie. Your dad is right, there aren't many grandpa clothes out there.

    ReplyDelete